Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

A Winter Playlist


(My illustration: 'A Rainy Evening in London' watercolour and gouache)


 'People help the people
And if you're homesick
give me your hand and I'll hold it'

'Time it was
And what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence
A time of confidences'


'There's a bookshop on my highstreet
full of novels I'd like to read
'

 
'Well I know I have lived
Just a wrinkle of this life'


'And all your letters written in your tiny voice
Telling me to come back home as if I had another choice'



'I wish I was a slave to an age-old trade
Like ridin' around on railcars and workin' long days
Lord have mercy on my rough and rowdy ways'


7. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment