Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Polaroids of London




I wanted to share a collation of some of my favourite snapshots capturing the beauty that lies around every corner in London...



(From top left to bottom right)


1. I found the weathered facade of this shopfront in Spitalfields utterly charming. It seemed to me to offer an insight into what this street would have looked like some 200 years ago.


2. I couldn't resist capturing these vibrant blooms floating in water outside a florist! 


3.  The streets in and around Portobello Market, Notting Hill, are lined with chocolate-box houses such as the above. The rambling foliage and wild roses is straight out of a fairytale.


4. L. Cornelissen & Son is an enchanting art supplies shop in Bloomsbury dating from 1855.  I love the way this elderly couple are peering inquisitively at all the beautiful materials for sale in the window.


What are your favourite London haunts? 


 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment